What is Google Data Studio?
Google Data Studio is a platform used to visualize data to make it easier to understand. You can also use this platform for free. Some of the things you can do using Google Data Studio include converting data into graphs, tables, or bar charts, you can also decide what data to add. In addition, you can add an explanation of the points of each data displayed. Don’t worry about being difficult to operate, Google Data Studio has features that are easy to use and can save data to compare performance over time.
Google Data Studio Functions
As a container for visualizing data, Google Data Studio has various functions. The following are the functions of the Google Data Studio platform.
1. Saving data
Google Data Studio’s first function is to store data. Regardless of the data source, Google Data Studio can be used to authenticate data, and manage access rights and structures to perform calculations, data transformation, and data visualization. By using a connector, you can easily import data from various sources. For example, importing data from Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google BigQuery, Campaign Manager 360, MySQL, and many more.
2. Transforming data
Using Google Data Studio, you can also perform data transformations. You can convert raw data into a matrix with various dimensions as needed to generate reports. Google Data Studio’s function in data transformation is to clean, merge, explore, and transform all your raw data without the need to write code or create SQL queries.
3. To visualize data
Google Data Studio also serves to visualize the data you have. The data can be made into a chart or graph so that the data is easy to read. Using Google Data Studio, you can add logos and customize shapes and images for data visualization. The data that you will visualize can be imported from the connector.
4. Working on data in groups
For those of you who work in groups, Google Data Studio functions to work on data in groups. You and your group can easily edit, view, add comments and manage dashboard and report versions using Google Data Studio. This one function will certainly make it easier for you and your group to process data.
Google Data Studio platform integration
To use Google Data Studio, you can also import your data from various integrated sources. These sources are called connectors. Here’s a list of Google Data Studio platform integrations.
1. Campaign Manager 360
The first platform that is integrated with Google Data Studio is Campaign Manager 360. By using Campaign Manager 360, you can create real-time data to monitor and measure the success of the campaigns that you have created. You can optimize the various advertising efforts you have made to make better marketing decisions.
2. Google Ads
Apart from Campaign Manager 360, Google Data Studio is also integrated with Google Ads. Generate data based on real-time data to help you decide and optimize what ads are suitable for your company.
If you want to monitor data related to the performance of a website, mobile application, or various devices that are connected to the internet, you can use Google Analytics. No need to worry about how to process Google Analytics data, because Google Data Studio has been integrated with this one platform.
4. Google BigQuery
Google BigQuery is a platform to monitor data from big data warehouses. If you need to visualize real-time data into metrics, the combination of the Google BigQuery platform with Google Data Studio is two things that complement each other.
You can create Cloud SQL data for easy understanding and share it with your audience using Google Cloud SQL. Using JDBC Standard and SSH Tunneling, you can share that data without worrying about SQL queries. Google Cloud SQL has also been integrated with Google Data Studio.
The platform that is integrated with Google Data Studio, the next is Google Sheets. Using Google Data Studio, you can create custom data using Google Sheets, especially for managing spreadsheets as well as your CSV data.
Create a MySQL dashboard to track important data-driven metrics. Don’t forget to use real-time data to get maximum data results. The MySQL platform is also one of the platforms that are integrated with Google Data Studio, so you can directly import data from the MySQL platform into Google Data Studio.
The data that you store in the PostgreSQL database can be imported into Google Data Studio to be processed and visualized. Usually, many people will use PostgreSQL JDBC to connect their data to Google Data Studio and a table in the PostgreSQL database to make it easier to read.
You can easily visualize data from various fields available in the YouTube API, so you can create an automated YouTube dashboard for your company’s YouTube channel. To make data easier to read, you need to use Google Data Studio to help visualize it.
If you want to know the data that has been around for a long time or even years ago, you can use Dynamic, Secure Data Connections. Usually, this platform will provide data that is updated regularly in each report. The platform also integrates with Google Data Studio.
How to use Google Data Studio 2022
To use Google Data Studio, there are several ways that you can take. Here are the ways to use Google Data Studio 2022.
- First, access Google Data Studio by visiting the site www.google.com/analytics/data-studio, if you are already on the site then all you need to do is log in using an account Your Google Analytics. If it’s your first time using Google Data Studio, you need to answer some questions from Google Data Studio. Such as company name, country of origin, and several other questions.
- Next, you will be asked to choose a connector. Because for some people Google Analytics will be one of the metrics that will be displayed in your reports.
- When you finish selecting the connector, you will be asked to authorize Google Analytics or the money connector you added earlier. You just need to log in, proceed with authorization and connect.
- Later, you will be shown a blank report. However, you’ll also see some sample reports or templates that serve to give you an idea of what the report looks like and the types of information you can include in the report. You can also change it according to your taste.
- If you are new to Google Data Studio, it would be better if you follow the Welcome to Data Studio guide. To follow these guidelines, click Own By Me located on the left side of the page. Then select Tutorial Report.
- Google also provides several Data Studio videos for guidance on using the various tools available in Google Data Studio.
- At the top of the Google Data Studio Homepage, you will see the Reports, Data Sources, and Explorer sections. In the Reports section, you can use it to create reports and visualize data.
- You can use the Explorer feature in Google Data Studio to edit data visualizations and filter data and insights. This feature helps you find insights faster because it simplifies the editing and viewing process by applying a filter to speed things up.
- Google Data Studio uses the Google Drive interface, so it will be more familiar to those of you who usually use other products from Google.
This is information about functions, key features, platform integration, and how to use Google Data Studio. Hopefully, this information can be useful for those of you who are studying Google Data Studio