If a conventional motor is driven by fuel oil or fuel, then in an electric motor the source of the propulsion comes from electric power supplied by the battery. Because the power in this battery will run out along with the use of the electric motor, of course the power in the battery must be recharged so that the electric motor can continue to run.
1. How to charge an electric motor battery at home
Because charging can be done anywhere as long as there is an electrical outlet, charging an electric motor battery can be done anywhere, including at home. The users of this electric motorbike usually charge the battery when they get home after riding, so that the electric motor can be immediately used again if it has been charged.
Here are step-by-step charging electric motor batteries at home:
- Make sure the power in the battery does not drop to 0%. Always try to charge it before it reaches 20 to 10%.
- Turn off the engine by turning the ignition key to the off position.
- Remove the battery from the battery compartment of the electric motor.
- Connect the charger socket to the battery first.
- After the charger socket is connected to the battery, insert the charger plug into an electrical outlet.
- If the battery is fully charged, immediately unplug the charger and do not allow it to overcharge.
2. How to charge an electric motor battery at a gas station
Like gas stations that accommodate various conventional vehicles for refueling, gas stations have also begun to be established at several locations to make it easier for electric vehicle users to charge the battery, including for electric motorcycles.
Many of these gas stations were established by various companies, ranging from state-owned enterprises or state-owned enterprises to other private companies. One of the SOEs that has built many gas stations is PLN. In order not to be confused when charging at a gas station,
here’s how to charge an electric motor battery at a gas station, especially one established by PLN:
- Open the Charge.IN application and look for the nearest Gas Station, and make sure you have prepared the LinkAja payment application along with the balance because of the payment for charging at the State Electricity Company Gas Station using a payment tool via LinkAja.
- After arriving at the Gas Station, open the cover of the charging slot on the electric motor.
- Connect the charger connector to the charging slot.
- Press the ‘Charging’ button.
- Scan the QR Code Connector.
- Enter the kWh value to be charged on the electric motor battery, make a reservation and confirm charging. The charging process will be carried out and wait for it to finish filling.