TikTok is one of the social media platforms with the most number of users in recent years. Not only to share precious moments but TikTok can also be used as a place to earn money from the internet that you can try. Programs that are announced directly from official TikTok are called TikTok affiliates. The TikTok affiliates program is a method of connecting between sellers and buyers that will benefit both. If you don’t know what the TikTok affiliate program is and how the system works, you will get complete information in this article. Curious? Come on, see the following information!
What is a TikTok affiliate?
Seeing the current conditions, the community has widely applied the TikTok affiliate strategy. TikTok Affiliate is TikTok’s official program to connect buyers and sellers so that it benefits both of them. This affiliate system starts with a creator who includes a link in the created video content. Then, if a user clicks on the link in the video and makes a purchase transaction through the related link, the creator will get a commission from this affiliate program.
If you’ve ever seen TikTok’s yellow cart button on a video that’s being streamed, that’s one sign of a creator’s affiliate program. Buying goods through the yellow basket on TikTok counts as a transaction through the TikTok affiliate program.
Terms of registering TikTok affiliate
There are two requirements for registering TikTok affiliate marketing that you need to fulfill. If one of them is not met, you most likely have not been able to join this program.
1. Create a TikTok shop account.
A mandatory requirement to be able to run the TikTok Shop affiliate program is to create a shop. TikTok Shop is the official buying and selling platform provided by TikTok, complete with various features to make purchases, to promote the products being sold. These features are quite complete and worth trying, especially for online business owners. In the TikTok affiliate program, this TikTok shop account needs to be a selling medium, even though it is not a product you make or produce yourself. After signing up for the TikTok store, you can continue with the TikTok affiliate product marketing program.
2. Have a valid account.
The second requirement for you to register for TikTok affiliate marketing is to have a registered bank account number. Later the commission or the sales you get will be transferred to your account number.
3. Additional requirements
Some owners or companies that open opportunities to become members of the affiliate program consider the number of followers of the creator’s account. This is not a mandatory thing set by TikTok, but several companies consider the number of followers as a projection of market potential that can be obtained.
It’s a good idea if you want to work with a business. Ask in advance if there is a minimum number of followers to sign up for the TikTok affiliate program. However, it is possible that some companies do not limit the number of followers you have.
How to create a TikTok shop account
As one of the most important requirements in conducting the TikTok affiliate program, here is how to create a TikTok store account that you can try.
- Click or type the following URL in your browser, seller-id.tiktok.com/account/welcome
- Select Sign up with TikTok account
- If you already have an account, make sure you are logged into your account.
- Determine which method you want.
- After successfully logging in, you will be asked to agree to several things to Authorize TikTok Shop.
- After giving permission for all points, press Authorized
- Enter your email address and phone number to verify, then press next (make sure Email and Phone number are active)
- Enter information about your business, namely store address, type of business, store name, warehouse/store address, contact name, phone number, and return warehouse.
- Check the completeness of the last statement on the basic information page.
- After the data has been successfully entered, you need to verify using your identity card data. At this stage, make sure you have prepared your ID card to take a selfie while holding the card.
- Enter the necessary related data.
- Press save
- The registration process is complete, and you need to wait for a reply email from
How to create a TikTok affiliates account
You can try two ways according to your role on TikTok, whether as a creator or a seller.
1. As a creator
- After registering for the TikTok shop, log in to your TikTok account
- Enter settings and privacy, and make sure the TikTok shop menu appears in the monetization column
- Click the TikTok shop menu
- Add the product you want to add to your store by pressing the Add Affiliate Product menu
- Select the product you will be selling or link a link from e-commerce. The
- On the page will also show how much commission you will get when you choose the product.
2. As a seller
- Log in to seller-id.tiktok.com
- Then log in to your TikTok account
- After logging in, go to the TikTok website shop affiliate
- Click the Program menu > Store program
- Press the Create button
- Select the type of commission and specify the percentage of the commission that will be given
- Press the Submit button
- Now you have opened an opportunity for the affiliate program in your store
- To stop the affiliate program from running, press Stop Program
You can also manage TikTok if you go through the TikTok shop seller center menu in the application
That was an explanation of what was TikTok affiliate, how to register, and the system works. How to earn money from TikTok Affiliate is indeed quite interesting to try. If you are diligent enough and able to determine a good marketing strategy, the chances of the profit you get will also be even more significant.